HELP with an electronics project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Luckymarkus, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckymarkus

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Hi All ...

I need to make a small electronic device that measures a TPS (throttle position sensor) and displays it on a 3 digit display in 0 to 100 percentage format. The TPS units have 3 wires ... earth, 5volt and output.
    At lowest position it outputs something like .6volt and highest position outputs up to the full 5volts. It would need to have some sort of potentiometer adjusters for both the low and high range so the unit could be calibrated for different TPS units. Hopefully it could be powered by the 5volt supply but it could be powered by say a DC12V adaptor.

I understand what I need, but I lack the raw electronics knowledge to work this out ... I have soldering skills and could make it if I has a schematic of sorts that a nube could understand, and a list of components I would need ...thanks in advance :)

cheers Lucky
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is . Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.