Help with Altium Designer

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by davoclavo, Nov 19, 2009.

1. davoclavo

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Hello

I am Altium Designer W09 to program a NanoBoard2.

I can't find a way to use the headers provided in the NanoBoard (UH1 and UH2) Located right below the FPGA plug port.

Anyone knows how to get/create an schematic so I can access the the I/O headers?

Thanks a lot!

Yours,
    David

2. slight_return

Mar 4, 2009
    Hi David,

If you just place ports on the schematic named HA2, HA3, etc. (for UH1) or HB2, HB3, etc. (for UH2), you gain access to the user headers (provided you are using the constraints file provided for the NB2 mainboard as a part of your design).

If you are creating your own constraints file from scratch, you need to include the references to these ports (use the Altium Designer constraints file for the NB2 as reference) in your own constraints file. Those constraints files are all in the build directory under \Library\FPGA.

If you're connecting into a microprocessor (such as the TSK3000) have a look at the Wishbone GPIO component. This will give you a Wishbone-ready general purpose IO port for the processor and let you use Altium's SW API to access these ports really easily (depends, of course, on how you're using the header though).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you still have questions.

-SR