Help with a PT1000 Circuit

nicmon

Joined Mar 18, 2011
I would like to measure temperatures from 0 to 450 oC and send the results to PC. I drawn this circuit after months of research. As I'm a real noob in electronic, would somebody take a look at my circuit to check if I have no error in it? Thank you.

PT1000 3.png

nicmon

Joined Mar 18, 2011
I thought that I linearise the values in ATMEGA that I have, do you prefer using ADUC834 instead (as in your pdf link)?

as I said, I'm also not sure about whole system that I have, PT1000 interface, MAX232 to communicate with RS232, ATMEGA and it components (e.g. do I using the correct quartz there)

Do I need 1 Powerline for each of 3 PT1000s or it's enough to have one for all?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Using the ATMEGA for calculating the linearization is fine.
The PDF I showed you has some formulas in it that might help.

I am only worried about the current source.
The parameters for jfets can be quite off, so the currents may be different on the three channels you want to make.
This will result in different readings from the different channels.

Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

If you want three current sources, take a look on how to create them as in this post by Bill_Marsden:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=117638&postcount=3

The first drawing in figure 2.4 will suit you. (just add a third transistor and limiting resistor).

The current will be about 0.7 / R .

Take care not to take a to high current for the PT1000, as self heating will disturb the measurement.

Bertus

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Please check the datasheet for your thermistor. 450°C is beyond the range of all thermistors I have seen. You are in thermocouple territory now.