Help with 6 bit ring counter circuit

victorment

Joined Jul 4, 2010
Hi. Can anyone help me with a 6 bit ring counter circuit? Ive searched the net and only 4 bits are available. Ive tried to add another flip flop but the output is not a ring counter. Can someone help me with this. I will use it to our project. Thanks

victorment

Joined Jul 4, 2010

I tried this circuit and it work but I need a 6 bit ring counter. I tried to add two flip flops but the output is not a ring counter anymore. Could you help me to modify this circuit to have a 6 bit ring counter? Thanks for complying.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It should be quite simple to add any number of flip flops to extend a ring counter. We can't help until you show us the schematic of what you are trying.

victorment

Joined Jul 4, 2010

I'm building an Amplitude Shift Keying with a 6 bit square wave input using a Flip Flop circuit for my school project. Is this circuit right? Is the Flip Flop circuit right for my 6 bit input? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

victorment

Joined Jul 4, 2010
i used the 6 bit ring counter as a digital input. I connect the ring counter to the switch so that I can adjust the square wave signals. Example I want to encode a 101101. I open the 2nd and 5th switch to the ring counter and short the 1st, 3rd, 4th, and the 6th switch to have a digital input of 101101. Is my idea wrong?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
All your flip flops have their SET and CLEAR inputs floating. U1 has several floating inputs. No logic can function properly like that. All unused inputs must be tied low of pulled up high for proper operation.