Help with 2 x fried Intel Little Falls 2 mobos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Depending on what "fried" means. There is probably nothing you can do with them. When components fry they often take out other components, or weaken them to the point that they can no longer function. On top of that I'm guessing you lack the capital equipment to remove high pin count chips and reflow replacement chips, assuming you can find replacement chips. Even if you have the equipment trying to figure out which chips to replace will cost more time and energy than they are worth, buy brand spanking new "mobos" and be done with it.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I know its a very old thread... but I got the same problem... I wonder if you guys could help me...
Same board as the OP or different board? Same PSU as the OP or different PSU? Have you measured the PSU output voltages and is the PSU getting a PS On command? What exactly does "Fried" mean?

Ron

ceroos

Joined Apr 1, 2015
I didn't say fried... it's the same board, and the same 1117A that heats up very quickly, I have tried with three different PSU units two of them brand new, all desktop PSU.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Sorry, I picked up fried reading through the thread. With the original images gone I am not sure what the original component was but the consensus was it was a voltage regulator, maybe similar to a LM117 type but I really don't know. Do you have any test equipment like a basic multimeter to check voltages?

Ron

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hijacking someone elses thread is not allowed here. Start a new one, then refer to this one by URL if you think it would have a benifit.

Status
Not open for further replies.