Help with 12v-5v Buck Converters

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Spades45, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Spades45

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 7, 2014
    so i bought 3x 12v-5v buck converters, not knowing anything about electricity/wiring and thinking it would be a simple plug and play solution. apparently i was incorrect.

the buck converters look like the picture below, except one of them has two USB ports instead of one. the reason is i need 4 USB ports to provide 6 amps total - 2 amps each for 2 devices, and 1 amp each for an additional 2 devices. according to the specs, each converter can provide 3 amps peak and 2 amps stable power.

is there any way i can wire all 3 converters to my car battery and have them reliably deliver the power that I need? thanks in advance

[​IMG]

2. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    I don't see why these would not work. What exactly is your concern? (Connecting the inputs in parallel is no problem.)

3. Spades45

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 7, 2014
    i am worried about whether either of these two posts are relevant with my setup.

although now after reading them i am pretty sure they are not. since they are all going to be wired directly to the ignition they are wired in parallel. and since the outputs are separate USB connectors, they are isolated, correct?