Help! What multiprocessor motherboard would be best in your opinion

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by gvfc2, Mar 7, 2011.

1. gvfc2

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I am wanting to further increase the performance of my computer. it is a custom built gaming pc i dont know the all the specs but here is what i can tell you:

processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.21GHz

RAM: 2.00GB

Video Card: I dont know

Mother Board: I dont know either

what would be good to run in my computer. to make it better for gaming. to run games at there highest detail.

I think multi processor motherboards would be good but I honestly dont know

2. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    New motherboard, DDR3 RAM, Phenom or i5 / 7 CPU, dual video cards, the list goes on.
    Your system appears to be at least four years old and may or may not be worth upgrading. Your motherboard will specify which CPU upgrades are available (your video card is very important).

3. nDever

Jan 13, 2011
    I would suggest that you chose your motherboard first because it determines the possible combinations of components that are available to you. If you want extremely appealing graphics, as blueroomelectronics has stated, the graphics card is key. Essentially there are predominantly two available GPU chipset designers; ATI and nVidia. I will not persuade you toward either; that is your decision. You will need at least 1GB of dedicated graphics memory if you want to run modern games on medium settings. As for your motherboard, you will need a board with at least one PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot because many modern graphics cards interface with the rest of the system that way. In my opinion, it would be wise to buy a board with 4 DIMM slots for standard DDR2 memory in the case that you want to expand to 4GB or even 32GB. You are going to need to upgrade your CPU. A Quad-Core would be a good choice or even the Core i3.

4. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    DDR2 is dead, stick with DDR3