HELP! What is this wired box in my bathroom?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Let's take another run at this. If there are no "buried" junction boxes, the owner should be able to find the junction box where this orphan wire is connected and disconnect it. Presto. Problem solved. There is no law against leaving unconnected scraps of wire inside a wall.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Its a very..very gray area as the NEC has very little to say about abandoned cabling unless its communication cables (which must be removed)
What?:confused:
I helped turn some kind of a communication center into a wooden leg shop and there were hundreds, maybe thousands of Ethernet cables left in the ceiling.:eek:

ps, it's not my problem. The shop went out of business and the next occupant is now in possession of hundreds or thousands of abandoned Ethernet cables.:D

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
What?:confused:
I helped turn some kind of a communication center into a wooden leg shop and there were hundreds, maybe thousands of Ethernet cables left in the ceiling.:eek:

ps, it's not my problem. The shop went out of business and the next occupant is now in possession of hundreds or thousands of abandoned Ethernet cables.:D
Its a "newer" addition to the NEC..

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It's also a make-money program.:) If I had enough time to rip those wires out, I could have sold them for their value in copper.:(