Help wanted about Multisim & Ultiboard

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Mussawar, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Mussawar

Thread Starter Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hi, I am recently using Multisim8 & Ultiboard8. I have designed a circuit in Multisim. It consist of some basic blocks (i-e Oscillator, Timer & Amplifier etc) joined to build the complete circuit. When I transfer the schematic to Ultiboard, ther is a buch of parts appeared in Ultiboard. It make me difficult to design the PCB easily. Is it possible to separately identify the components of each block in Ultiboard (for example, components that only belongs to Oscillator) so that I can separatly route each block? I mean that I route the Timer and then Oscillator and at last join all blocks. Please help me in this regard. I hope you got the what I want. Sorry for my bad english.

2. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Some suggestions:

Is it really important for you to separate the building blocks? Ultiboard may mess your components but they will work as designed, regardless of placement

I think you could design in Multisim only one block at a time, import the schematic to Ultiboard and lock those items in place.
    Then insert the second block in the Multisim schematic and repeat.

If all else fails, try to name your components in Multisim so that they will show you the group they belong.

I hope this helped.

3. Mussawar

Thread Starter Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks a lot Georacer. I got the idea.:)