Help Understanding Operation of Maxim Regulator

¡MR.AWESOME!

Joined Aug 15, 2010
'Sup? I'm a bit confused with when the boost regulator turns on and off in the MAX5092B. On page 12 of the datasheet, it gives a description of operation. The third paragraph down says that the boost regulator turns off when (Vbsout-Vout) exceeds 2.5V and then Vbsout equals Vin. Then it says that the boost converter turns on when (Vbsout-Vout) is less than 2V. So at what Vin does the boost converter turn off and on? Vout is set to 5V and Vbsout is set to 7V for the 5092B. Hence, (Vbsout-Vout)=(7V-5V) always equals 2V. What's going on?

¡MR.AWESOME!

Joined Aug 15, 2010
The datasheet says if (Vbsout-Vout) exceeds 2.5V, the boost converter turns off. And if (Vbsout-Vout) falls below 2V, the boost converter turns on.

I think what they mean to say is if (Vbsout-Vin) exceeds 2.5V, the boost converter turns on. And if (Vbsout-Vin) falls below 2V, the boost converter turns off.

Anyone else care to chime in? Everyone's got an opinion; share it!

¡MR.AWESOME!

Joined Aug 15, 2010
I got 99 views but an answer ain't one! If you're having datasheet problems problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 views but an answer ain't one!

Just read the mentioned parts of the d.s. and tell me if my typo theory makes sense.

I prematurely say, thank you.