Help understanding how current flows around a schematic - any software?

MarkUK

Joined Mar 19, 2015
As a new member I'm just venturing into electric circuits. I am good at understanding basic schematics, but when the diagram has many lines going in all direction I'm finding it difficult to understand what route the power flows.
Just wondered if there are any software applications that allow you to draw the schematic, then animate the flow and direction the power travels. From the demos of some software they don't show this, they just light up the bulbs drawn, or show the ratings of components.

Or is there a simple answer to trace the routes power takes?
I can post the schematic Im looking at.. its a circuit for and old 60s electro-mechanical slot machine.
thanks

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The main thing is, is to be conversant with the components and symbols used in the schematic and for the most part this will usually enable you to trace any or all signals.
Max.

MarkUK

Joined Mar 19, 2015
Thanks. I've just downloaded the Falstad and it does animate the flow, is a good little program.
In case anyone is curious I've attached the circuit schematic and a picture of the machine. You put a coin in, 3 lights travel round and stop, if it stops on 3 winning symbols a bell sounds and the solenoid pays out coins. Very basic electrics using old telephone exchange uniselectors. It would be great if schematics had little arrows on the lines to indicate the direction of flow!
If anyone can provide some ideas of flow, be great.
Slot-Machine-Circuit.jpg Circuit
rotofruit.jpg

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
As a new member I'm just venturing into electric circuits. I am good at understanding basic schematics, but when the diagram has many lines going in all direction I'm finding it difficult to understand what route the power flows.
Just wondered if there are any software applications that allow you to draw the schematic, then animate the flow and direction the power travels. From the demos of some software they don't show this, they just light up the bulbs drawn, or show the ratings of components.

Or is there a simple answer to trace the routes power takes?
I can post the schematic Im looking at.. its a circuit for and old 60s electro-mechanical slot machine.
thanks
first keep in mind that power never flows ...its the electrons which flow and we call it current..now regarding direction..current flows every where it find path of least resistance ...which often depends upon the configuration of components in your schematic..