Help to rewire motor from 110v to220v single phace.

J.A.C

Joined Jan 4, 2014
Hi, Im new to the forum, I been looking all over but not luck yet hope someone here can help me or give some ideas. I have a motor it can be wire for 110v or 220v. Its wire for 110v now. I been using it for about three years now and I been wanting to rewire the motor for 220v for long time. Hope someone can help me on how to rewire it for the 220v. I keep looking at the wiring diagram on the motor cover but it doesnt make any sense to me even on how its wire for the 110v now. I posting some pics so you can see how it is now. if pics are not too clear let me try to do it here as well. Thank you in advance. The two black lose wires are for the circuit protection. It has a Forward /Reverse switch

This is what the sticker on motor cover say's
110V

L1 --------1-3-5
L2---------2-4-6

220V

L1-------------1
---------------3-5-2
L2-------------4-6

If I want to switch rotation need to change wires 5- 6

The way it is wire now.

Motor side------------------------Switch side

#1-#3 wire -----------------------one side of protection

other side of protection-------------withe wire

#4-#2 wire-------------------------black wire

#6 wire------------------------------blue wire

#5 wire------------------------------red wire​

Attachments

J.A.C

Joined Jan 4, 2014
Hi Max, thank you for your help. Where I get comfuse its about the red and blue wires.
For 110v it say's to conect L1 to #1,#3,#5 and L2 to #2,#4,#6 but the way is connected now L1 to #1,#3 and L2 to #2,#4 and #6 to blue wire ,#5 to red wire.
Now for 220v it says to connect L1 to #1 and L2 to #4,#6 and tied together #3,#5,#2.
What about the blue, red wires. Where do I have to connect those. Thats my main problem.
What I have to do with thise wires? where they have to be connect? I know those are for the forward/revers.

Thank you.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Could it be that 5 & 6 are the starting winding?

Connected to red and blue internally.
Thru start switch maybe.

Can you connect as suggested by diagram but leave 5, 6, red, and blue connected as is.

220V

L1-------------1
---------------3-2
L2-------------4-

6-blue
5-red

My best guess.
The starting winding + series switch, is usually paralleled to one of the run windings, in both 120 and 240 configurations.

Run on 120 to check first.

J.A.C

Joined Jan 4, 2014
Thank you INWO. I was thinking to do the same.Just want to be 100% sure I do it right. I dont want to burn my motor. Im doing the wiring to the outlet when I get it done, I try that. Hope nothing hapenn.

Thank you.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
On low voltage first, right?

240 motor will run fine on 120.

ps.

If it runs check voltage from 5- 6

I would expect 1/2 supply.

Last edited: