help to make this..

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by skyonline, May 26, 2010.

1. skyonline

Thread Starter New Member

May 26, 2010
    hai...i am new here..first sorry for my bad english..i have idea to make this electronic system..but i did no how to make this...so i draw to illustrator to make you understand what i want to do...

second i got 0% about electronic system or circuit..

1. this is explain about my project..what i want to do is like SWITCH system..but it's working in others way..like this picuter:

[​IMG]

2. the function i want to make like this picture (read 1-3) :

[​IMG]

its like switch...want i strike the woods area and the led will turn on and off..the when i strike agian the led wil turn on and turn off and it funtions allways like that..( like you play a drum)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so my question how to make this electronic funtion :

[​IMG]

hope you guys can help me...

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  3. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    or you can check out a MIDI drum trigger project at www.EDRUM.info

You could actually build a drum trigger module out of anything you want (such as the wood block you described) this system uses piezo elements to sense the vibrations and when the drum heads are struck.

I have successfully built the controller myself and works really well...
    here is my version >> http://www.morse-code.com/a19eed20.jpg

and here is the worklog for all the drum head triggers and cymbals http://www.morse-code.com/id208.htm...

B. Morse

4. skyonline

May 26, 2010
    1. did piezo work on usb pc keyboard.. becuse i use usb pc keyboard to make my own electronic drum...this is example of usb pc keyboard circuits :

[​IMG]

2. this drum work when wire A connect with wire B (and send signal to pc) like this :

[​IMG]

result in pc (widdows) like pc keyaboard funtion..letter 'A' will be appear in note pad...

3. i use paper clip to connet wire A and wire B :

[​IMG]

4. for future funtion..i want to use real drum stick to run my e drum :

[​IMG]

5. so it's piezo work in usb pc keyboard ..??? :

[​IMG]

5. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    no it will not, with the way you have it connected through the USB keyboard circuit, it just uses the paper clip like a switch to close 2 connections together, the piezo will put out a voltage level depending on how hard it is struck, the harder you hit them, the higher the voltage output, which would be too much for the USB board to handle.

The project I showed you about the edrums, is that it takes these pulses from the piezo and converts them to MIDI notes, you can connect it to a MIDI Synthesizer to produce the actual drum sounds, or to a PC either through the MIDI input of the old joystick connector on some sound cards, or connect it via RS232 (Serial Port) then just have the computer play the MIDI notes....

It will be good to use the piezo to MIDI drum trigger module since it also supports velocity control and other MIDI functions....

B. Morse

6. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    This Electronic Board was assembled on a plug strip. The sensor is a 2 3/4 in 8Ω speaker with 3 US one cent pieces glued to center of cone. Speaker was screwed to 4 X 10 in. board. A 9V "transistor" battery was used for testing. Polorize speaker leads to give most sensitive responce. The 470k is really a 3.5 MΩ pot adjusted yo give 1/10 sec pulse- then replaced. LED can be 2 in series using 125Ω . A higher impedance speaker like a cell phone speaker would be more sensitive, just add some weight to center. Pin 6 is suposed to go to D1-cathode

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  7. skyonline

May 26, 2010
    thks to bmorse and bernard...yes right now i use paper clip like a switch to close 2 connections together. but the signal is very bad..some time the signal can send to pc and some time not..for example when i use key "A" and test in nod pad..some time word "A" appear in note pad but some time not..and the bad things is i did not feel like play real drum because i use paper clip for my drum stick not real woods drums stick..

and to bernard did your drawing circuits in (http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19878&d=1274910822) is the solusion for my problem??..actually i can not understand this drawing circuit becuse i dont have basic for electronic system..can u explain or draw in easy image...and what name od materials did i need to buy for build this circuits...hope can help .. :)

i also hope any forums members help me more to..tq..sorry for bad english.. :)

8. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    skyonline, your english is as good as my drawing- both work.Can you decypher resistor color codes? Do you have a source for parts. Do you have any test equipment?

9. skyonline

May 26, 2010
    what is "decypher resistor color codes"..i dont not know....i only have soldering iron...hope can got more info..tq..

[​IMG]

10. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
  11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    A very old mnemonic for resistor color codes (over a century old I suspect) is "Bad Boys Ravish Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly"

0 - Black
    1 - Brown
    2 - Red
    3 - Orange
    4 - Yellow
    5 - Green
    6 - Blue
    7 - Violet
    8 - Grey
    9 - White

12. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Looking at the chart, that first resistor seems to be Red Black Orange, making it 20K ohms, not the 25K posted.

25K is not found in the 5% resistor values, anyway - the standard values are 20K, 22K, 24K and 27K.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  13. skyonline

May 26, 2010
    sorryyy i still not understand ??

14. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    You will HAVE to try and understand.... if you do not know the basics such as resistor color coding and capacitor values, it will be really time consuming to try and walk you through every little step....

Use google to search about these subjects, and use wikipedia to get a more in depth information about any particular subject you need to learn.

And also at the top of every page is a link to all the ebooks available on this site, spend some time going through each one and learn about the basics

B. Morse

15. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  16. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    A little side experiment with an old cell phone speaker, 1/2 in dia.X 1/10 in thick 30Ω. Added a brass slug .165 dia.X .05 in thick to center of diafram.. Output with light tap .1V + @ 1 ms width. Would work in this circuit.

17. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Here is layout based on a 300 hole solderless breadboard, 30 columns of 5 connected sockets on top and 5 on bottom seperated by 3/10 inch. The IC LM 393 , dual comparator, goes in the center so that each of its pins now has 4 sockets for connections. I use .019 in insulated solid Cu wire [ from a hank of 25 pair telephone cable- lots of colors ] for jumpers. If any components have leads greater than 30/1000, solder on lengths of jumper wire. All resistors are 1/4 W. For R1 , might have several on hand to adjust sensitivity [220,330, 470, 560, 1000 or a 2k pot. ]

Just discovered an error in copying drawing including previous posted schematic, so there will be a delay in posting thumbnail.

18. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Pin 6 was suposed to go to diode cathode, now corrected. Diode is 1N 914 or similar.