Help to ID component

krazytech

Joined Apr 3, 2011
Please help ID this component. I want to find the Datasheet. I did a google search of
e3 Z3m y725

but nothing can up... this is from a dishwasher control the one next to it has a chip blown off of it....

Attachments

krazytech

Joined Apr 3, 2011
Thanks R!@@,
would you be so kind and explain to me how you read this Reg.

symbol must be the logo for ST Semiconductors.
e3 =?3v
z3m =
y725=?

krazytech

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I can see the ST logo and looking at the numbering it's just an assumption. I have to see how the component is connected to clarify

HallMark

Joined Apr 3, 2011
I can see the ST logo and looking at the numbering it's just an assumption. I have to see how the component is connected to clarify
Exactly,

Even you can trace the Input Supply to this Chip and the Also by tracing the output of this chip to other devices whether it is connected with Supply Pin if yes then you can check the range of the supply and as this is 3 Pin device and i think it must be some regular chip.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
Can you be sure that the nearby damaged device is actually identical? For instance, if the devices are in fact voltage regulators, would they necessarily be for the same voltage?

krazytech

Joined Apr 3, 2011
you can see most of the component ID on the left.. and 4 more on the board .. I was thinking it is a switching component?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Is that a card..if so I see an open collector driver config.
You got to show us more of the device. Where the blown chip is connected to?

krazytech

Joined Apr 3, 2011
it is a Dishwasher control the blown chip is connected to the diverter valve. a motor that controls the water flow to the upper and lower spray arms...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
then it could be mosfet or a transistor

remove a working one, u seem to have plenty and check it to see if it a FET or a Bipolar.
after that you have to see the load specs. But this is the easy part.

U need to find the drive voltage level to be sure if it is Voltage driven or current driven , that is the blown chip..

Mosfet uses voltage to switch and gate drive voltage is higher than a bipolar base drive. A transistor base will always have a 0.6V limit when saturated. This can also tell you what type of component is there.