Help to find specs of this transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiFtHeLeMeNt

Joined Jan 16, 2013
Hi Guys :)
Can anyone help to identify the output voltage of this transformer ?
It belongs to an andis hair clipper charger. its input voltage is 110v which I connected it to 220v and it got burned. now I need to replace it.
As you can see in the picture its code is PI-66-101 12 12. I thought it may be some type of coding which someone knows about it.
I have tried to contact manufacturer for 1 month, but there has been no help :(
I would appreciate if someone can help me.
Regards

Attachments

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Andis is a good company and they do have good tech support in the US. I have worked with their design team for the past 10 years and the entire company is focused on customer service. How else can such a small company survive when dealing with global electronics/consumer products companies.

You may be asking the wrong question. They might not want to sell you or tell you the exact specs of the transfomer you need. However, they may be willing to take back the whole unit and repair it for you. Unless you are an approved repair site, they are not likely to sell individual components to you to insure product safety and quality.

FiFtHeLeMeNt

Joined Jan 16, 2013
The problem is that I am outside of USA and they are unable to fix it here as they dont have a repair site where I live. also their official distributor told me that this model is not imported in my country.
my only option is to fix it myself or buy a new charger from USA again.
I dont think that the whole circuit is burned. it was connected to electricity for about 20 seconds which was enough to cook the transformer :D but I hope the circuit is still OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.