help to a beginner

tondar85

Joined Feb 11, 2011
hello,i studied the book provided in this site.it is really good for beginners.i'll be thankful if someone help me to develop my learnings. now, what is the next step?what should i study from now on?please introduce some useful and more advanced but understandable books.furthermore,i think it would be great if electronics concepts were learned along with related physics concepts.so any relevant physics books introduction will be appreciated too.
thank you very much.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
What are your interests? Do you lean more on micro-controllers, amplifiers, circuits that contain ICs, motors and generators, transmitters and receivers...?

The bibliography is vast, so it would be good to have a clear view of what you want to pursuit.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
What he said, just start a project that interests you.
I'm personally building a plasma speaker and a Nixie clock, neither are complete but I've gone from 0 knowledge too... quite a bit i guess.
Find something interesting and just go for it.

Mart

Joined Feb 11, 2011
I'm just a newly registered member. I've already read a lot on this site, and to be honest, I love it. I wish I knew this forum site earlier. I have lots of ambitions about developing my own project using my electronics knowledge, but since I discovered this site, I find myself almost empty of knowledge in electronics technology. I know absolutely nothing, and I think I have to start all over again. All my gratefulness to the developer of this site.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I was an experienced professional when I found this site, and I thought it was a godsend. I'd been trying to figure out how to make a personal blog for years, along with a place to practice schematics. It is all provided gratis here, both blog sites and image hosting.

Bill's Index

A suggestion, post your approximate location on profile, similar to mine. This will allow us to recommend sources and parts.

If you are interested in low frequency stuff (a good beginning point) I would recommend protoboard similar to this.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I have lots of ambitions about developing my own project using my electronics knowledge, but since I discovered this site, I find myself almost empty of knowledge in electronics technology. I know absolutely nothing, and I think I have to start all over again
You don't have to know everything, just the topics involved in your project.
But if you're like me, you want to know everything anyway :)
(Ive got about 99% left to go)

tondar85

Joined Feb 11, 2011
thanks for your answers.frankly,i dream of making something that can handle image processing without need of computer.(but of course,i have no knowledge of image processing too.).i don't know whether it is possible or just a dream.i need your help to put me on the path!!!.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It is going to be a long path. If you crack down and study hard figure around 4 years of learning basics, intermediate, then advanced stuff. You have to start somewhere though.

tondar85

Joined Feb 11, 2011
Forrest M Mims III"s "Getting Started in Electronics" is excellent for beginners,but i want to know what steps should i take to achieve my goal?what should i study and learn?please help me.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
While there is nothing wrong with your goal, you are not going to learn exactly enough to do your goal and no more. If you want to do something as intricate and precise as that you have to cover a lot of ground that doesn't look like it matches, except it does.

Basically you are going to have to learn all the stuff college teaches, basic AC, basic DC, then you bump it up, AC circuits, digital electronics, and a lot more. You are going to have to learn electronics. Like the tutor said to the prince, there is no royal road to math.

Start by learning basic electricity. It is where you start. Learn Amps, Ohms, Volts, Power and the math that controls them. To learn them you are going to have experiment, and see for yourself. Tell me and I forget, show me and I may remember, let me do it for myself and I learn.

A good starting point is something like the 200 in 1 electronics lab for kids. It teaches schematics, and how simple circuits are organized. That and lots and lots of reading. Reading things like the text book that is part of this site.

It is not a coincidence there is a section for experiments in Volume 6.

Last edited: