Help setting up data acquisition in MATLAB

MasterSnow

Joined Jan 18, 2009
Hello everyone!

I'm currently giving myself a massive refresher course in control theory. As part of this, I want to be able to produce a model of RadioShack's 3V PMDC motor. I have a great state space model, but in order to estimate the parameters I need both an input signal and the motor's response.

Since I'm using MATLAB for pretty much everything at this point, I thought it would be great if I could have it output an analog signal through my PC's speaker jack and, nearly simultaneously, read in the response through my PC's microphone jack. I have figured out how to do both independently, but to have them read simultaneously (as opposed to running both commands sequentially) has eluded me. I'm not even sure that it is possible - is it?

To be clear, I'm using MATLAB's Data Acquisition Toolbox and winsound as my hardware. I would love to hear you guys' sage advice on this. :D

Thanks!

MasterSnow

Joined Jan 18, 2009
Just wanted to let anyone curious know that it is possible to simulataneously trigger the analog input and output in the MATLAB Data Acquisition toolbox. It's all in Chapter 7 of the Data Acquisition toolbox user guide...

That's what I get for not fully reading the manual! :p