help required for 8085 projects

archiesweet29

Joined Feb 7, 2012
Can anyone suggest me a project which i can make using 8085??? i am planning to make a clock of variable duty cycle. if it feasible? can anyone tell me to go about? thanks.

please reply as soon as poosible. its urgent.

Last edited by a moderator:

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Can anyone suggest me a project which i can make using 8085??? i am planning to make a clock of variable duty cycle. if it feasible? can anyone tell me to go about? thanks.

please reply as soon as possible. its urgent.
Sure it's feasible! First define your requirements, such as min/max on/off times, and how you want to select those times. Also define the output specs such as voltage range and current. Decide if you want to use the I/O for your hardware, or if you want the hardware to be memory-mapped.

Decide how you are going to generate the timing delays for your clock -- delay loops or an external clock (e.g. 555) feeding pulses to the 8085. If you use an external clock, will you use polling, or interrupts?

Having good specs is half the battle.

--Rich

P.S., I did two variable-clock generators several years ago. I used both a Parallax BASIC Stamp, and an Arduino 2009. The 'duino gave me better control. They both were done in a day or two...