help reading schematic - TEAC 3300SX-2T reel-to-reel, preamp transport.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by minkey01, Aug 1, 2015.

1. minkey01

Thread Starter Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Hi.

I have some questions about this schematic for my TEAC 3300SX-2T reel-to-reel. Attached is the very clear, original PDF and a marked up JPG section.

There are circuit path end points with arrows labelled : b, b', c, c', d, d', e, e', f, f', g, g'

What do they connect to? Does b connect to b' and c to c', etc....?

What is the difference and why did they add the ' mark. Prime or apostrophe mark, not sure what they call it in schematics.

Thanks for the help. I have one more question, after this is figured out.

2. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    Is there more to this schematic? Generally when I see it (automotive schematics), it means it is continued on other page and you would find that reference point and carry on.

3. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Yes, that is generally how it is done A to A or A' =the tick mark is just a way of giving that particular point an unique name that corresponds with that of its mate.

4. minkey01

Thread Starter Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Thank you so much! That makes sense.

5. minkey01

Thread Starter Member

Jul 23, 2014
    anyone know what this circled line around the three switch wires is? i highlighted it in yellow. it runs to that horizontal yellow which is ground. is this some kind of shielding?

thanks for the help. see the attached jpg.

6. minkey01

Thread Starter Member

Jul 23, 2014
    3 conductor shielded cable with drain? that is my guess.

7. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    You got it 3 wires with braided shield to ground/earth/neg.

8. minkey01

Thread Starter Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Cool. Thanks!

Last question : Are these highlighted grounds in the attached jpg called chassis grounds? They get wired to the metal chassis? They are audio out jacks, L & R. I don't see any other chassis grounds in the schematic - see the pdf - would this work? Should there be another chassis ground point near the power supply or something?

9. Veracohr

Jan 3, 2011
    Those are circuit common points, halfway between the supplies. They connect to the sleeve on a tip-sleeve connector. You can see an earth ground in the lower right corner of the full schematic.

10. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    I only very rarely use the chassis ground symbol anymore because I rarely use a conductive chassis.

[​IMG]

11. Veracohr

Jan 3, 2011
    I stand corrected.