Help!Optimization of Patch Antenna Arrays :(

thesisofantenna

Joined Apr 20, 2013
Hi!

I need help for my thesis. I work on genetic Algorithms in the Optimization of Patch Antenna Arrays. First, I must design patch antenna array in CST Microwave Studio. Then I must write Matlab code for optimization. I don't know, how I can do it. So I want to help. (I have limited time for this project.)

P.S. My english isn't very good, so may I can't explain my project. If you ask quastion about details of the project, I will try to answering.

aws505

Joined Mar 11, 2013
Hi there; Welcome to All About Circuits.

Your question is unclear. What, specifically, are you asking for help with? Do you need help with CST? Do you understand how to make a patch antenna? Do you understand what kind of array you're trying to create? Do you know how to make an antenna array? Do you know how to simulate an antenna array? What kind of parameters are you looking to optimize with this array?

I understand that your English isn't perfect, but please try to answer the relevant questions. So far, your question is not clear at all. The more clearly we understand your question, the more we can help.

thesisofantenna

Joined Apr 20, 2013
Hi there; Welcome to All About Circuits.

Your question is unclear. What, specifically, are you asking for help with? Do you need help with CST? Do you understand how to make a patch antenna? Do you understand what kind of array you're trying to create? Do you know how to make an antenna array? Do you know how to simulate an antenna array? What kind of parameters are you looking to optimize with this array?

I understand that your English isn't perfect, but please try to answer the relevant questions. So far, your question is not clear at all. The more clearly we understand your question, the more we can help.

I have already design a patch antenna, but I could not design antenna array.
I do not know how to simulate ıt.

My parameters for this array, antenna amplitude variables.

Shortly, first of all I have design a patch antenna. In thıs desıgn, my side lobe level value is -14 db. I must optimize it -30 db.

I must use genetic algorıthm for thıs optimization. The algorithm results gıve me amplitude values and I give this values to each antenna in my array. Then I analize it pattern. İt's side lobe level = -30 db, or not.

Could I explain it?