Help on creative SBS 4.1 450

togatheone

Joined Jan 26, 2015
I am trying to fix some old sound systems and speakers I have at home. I've been a DIY for some time, mainly with motorcycle mechanics and woodworking. But now, I think i need to learn a little more about circuits and improve my DIY abilities.

The first problem i got into is the wired remote (volume control/power) for the creative SBS 450, an old sound system that is still very good. I knew the power button was not working properly and tried to resolder the button, after fixing it. The continuity is ok between the "terminals" (i don't know the proper terminology here), even between different spots on the circuit, but i can't get it to power on.

I think that maybe the potentiometer might not be working properly, because before my try in fixing it, some noises were going into the sound system from the remote, but i can't be sure about it before turning on the system again.

Maybe i did a sloppy job and damaged the circuit, i really don't know, but i would like some help to fix it.

The pictures are not the best, but i tried to show all the circuit and probable places where i might have gone very wrong.