help on advanced control systems

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by shankbond, Jan 21, 2008.

1. shankbond

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 4, 2007
    guys,
    i m in final year of my graduation course in electronics
    i need your help on getting information on control systems ,as i would be needing to choose an optional subject on
    1>radar engineering
    2>advanced control systems
    3>mobile communication
    4>power transmission

if any one could give me a brief intro about the control system (anything like its practical aspect in our projectsetc.)
    and also on power transmission will be highly appreciated

thanking you
    hoping for positive replies:)

2. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    Please be specific, I have several books on control systems and it seems you're asking me to recite all of them in a short post. This is why no responses as of yet.

Steve

3. shankbond

Nov 4, 2007
    my friend i cannot be specific , as i realy dont know about control systems practical aspects.

just tell me is the knowledge gained by me ,if i study this subject,will help me in creating embedded electronics and to what extent?

4. scubasteve_911

Dec 27, 2007
    As my prof. said, control systems are everywhere! It is a tool that allows intelligent control of a particular plant, which optimizes response time and minimizes steady-state error.

Most control systems are based upon PI or PID control. This is a basic algorithm that requires an innate understanding of your plant in order to tune it correctly. Other methods can be used, look into fuzzy logic controllers.

It is a wise academic choice, since it is a very interesting subject that not many understand. If you have a question, then I may be able to help. Other than that, I just have to say that it is a very versatile and useful subject.

Steve

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    I agree with scubasteve_911 that the control systems theory is a particularly useful branch of electronics to study.

Control Systems underpin much that is useful and interesting in the world of electronics. Its implementation can be found in both analog designs and microcontroller based designs.

You should be able to surf the web and find tutorials that provide an introductory level presentation that will give you a taste of some typical applications of control systems.

hgmjr

6. shankbond

Nov 4, 2007
    thank you:)

7. rwmoekoe

Mar 1, 2007
    mind me putting it this way,
    i think you should consider it according to your inner deepest interests. this way, your creating your own path of success and happiness of your life.

8. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Greetings shankbond,

I think the advice offered by rwmoekoe is very good. You and you alone are the final judge as to the topic that fits your interests and temperment. The more seasoned members here at AAC (myself among them) made their choices long ago and their participation in a forum such as this stands as testimony to the wisdom of their choice.

Make your choice, whatever it may be, with your eyes and mind wide open and you will be a happier person for the effort.

Good Luck,
    hgmjr