Help!!!...newbie in trouble!!!

suraj14

Joined Mar 4, 2011
im doing my s5 ece n my class in charge has asked me to do a project for our department some of our ideas are<br />
1.mobile phone power consumption meter(to measure power consumed by a mobile phone)<br />
2.automatic power cut off-detects the presence of people in a room and if room is empty the power to that room is cut off<br />
3.automatic flush in bathrooms using sensors<br />
4.wireless noticeboard with mobile phone feeds enabled
pls post if anyone has any knowledge or ideas about the topics mentioned above...plssss...

russpatterson

Joined Feb 1, 2010
1.mobile phone power consumption meter(to measure power consumed by a mobile phone)<br />
2.automatic power cut off-detects the presence of people in a room and if room is empty the power to that room is cut off<br />
1) look at sparkfun and get one of their current sensor breakouts, build a voltage sensor with your microcontroller and then put that between the battery and the phone.

2) get a motion sensor from sparkfun then use your microcontroller to turn off power, using a relay, when there's no motion for 5 minutes.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
#3 Use short range object detector, IR-photo transistor, beam break, etc, & gear head motor to lift flapper using crank and connecting rod.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
#3 Use short range object detector, IR-photo transistor, beam break, etc, & gear head motor to lift flapper using crank and connecting rod.
From what I have seen, a solenoid valve in the filling line to an auto-flushing cistern is more usual. These things are sometimes retro-fitted to reduce water consumption.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I often wonder what the automatic flush circuits I see in stores are looking at. I assume the IR signature of my assets.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I often wonder what the automatic flush circuits I see in stores are looking at. I assume the IR signature of my assets.
Bill it is nice to know, and need to know topics. I think what ever that will pas over the sensors are strictly in the need to know category.