Help!!!...newbie in trouble!!!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by suraj14, Jul 5, 2011.

1. suraj14

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    im doing my s5 ece n my class in charge has asked me to do a project for our department some of our ideas are<br />
    1.mobile phone power consumption meter(to measure power consumed by a mobile phone)<br />
    2.automatic power cut off-detects the presence of people in a room and if room is empty the power to that room is cut off<br />
    3.automatic flush in bathrooms using sensors<br />
    4.wireless noticeboard with mobile phone feeds enabled
    pls post if anyone has any knowledge or ideas about the topics mentioned above...plssss...

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    no ideas here....
    unless u come up with something..no one here is doing ur homework 4 u

3. russpatterson

Feb 1, 2010
    1) look at sparkfun and get one of their current sensor breakouts, build a voltage sensor with your microcontroller and then put that between the battery and the phone.

2) get a motion sensor from sparkfun then use your microcontroller to turn off power, using a relay, when there's no motion for 5 minutes.

4. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    #3 Use short range object detector, IR-photo transistor, beam break, etc, & gear head motor to lift flapper using crank and connecting rod.

5. Adjuster

Dec 26, 2010
    From what I have seen, a solenoid valve in the filling line to an auto-flushing cistern is more usual. These things are sometimes retro-fitted to reduce water consumption.

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I often wonder what the automatic flush circuits I see in stores are looking at. I assume the IR signature of my assets.

7. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Assets ? :D

8. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Bill it is nice to know, and need to know topics. I think what ever that will pas over the sensors are strictly in the need to know category.