help needed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nycokello, Dec 31, 2009.

1. nycokello

Thread Starter Member

Aug 10, 2009
    i've got an invention which i need to process,but i lack funds;do you think i can get a sponsor whom i'll refund after fruitation...?

2. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Go into more detail. Typically the way we have done it was to design a working board with schematics. Then draw up a proposal to present to venture capitalist and try to get them to fund it.

3. nycokello

Thread Starter Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks. But should i start before obtaining a patent; or which other approach is also appropriate...?

4. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    If you plan to make patent, you should not discuss any details in a public forum;) If you publish any important details of your invention, you may get a patent, but it will not be worth anything. As I can say that your invention was public information before you claimed your patent.

5. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
  6. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Good reading..... In any case like everyone else said a patent usually isn't worth the paper its printed on. You only have to change a design 30%, add another feature, or use to void you patent. Then take into account the cost of trying to enforce a patent. Design you project where its good enough to impress someone with money. Consult a lawyer and have them draw up a non compete clause for everyone to sign. Then pray someone dumb enough to give you money. :) Also when trying to get money take a lesson from the scammers. People with money like big tech words they don't understand.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Another interesting aspect with creating a patent, is that by doing so your invention will be public information. Open for everyone to read about.

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Yah thats true, and they want it detailed! You can bring up anyone patents or trademarks online easy enough.

9. nycokello

Thread Starter Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I’m grateful for your advices. I’ve aborted the patent plan. Now, can anyone give an outline of precise steps/procedures which I need to following in an attempt to benefit from these ideas?
    Remember, I’m a poor Kenyan who intends to change his life through these ideas; after failing to join a profession of my choice…

10. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Describe what you're trying to build.

11. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I have a post thinking out loud,no responses patents building
    business is not part of this forum.Should you be thinking about
    your future, after education.The old jobs are not available,so
    whats out there you should be doing more,you need to talk on
    how a new economy will be built. A special visa should have
    your attention going both ways from east to west,from west to east.
    Think about rules that apply and laws.What will be the new freedom
    in the world. Players and brokers get a piece of every thing you earn,
    governments are becoming players and brokers. Water will become the next
    commodity,lets thinks out loud.