help needed

haran

Joined Apr 6, 2008
im using a windows xp professional service pack 2. nw im unable tp create any restore points or disk check or even disk defrag.i duno what do.:confused:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Does the system boot normally? Can you do an F8 boot and get to the menus there? Do you have any anti virus and anti spyware protection active? If so, what problems do they report?

All else failing, do you have the system restore disks?

Using standard English facilitates communication.

haran

Joined Apr 6, 2008
im using norton antivirus corporate edition and i can access the f8 bt dun have the system restore disks.Norton only reports normal trojans tats all..

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Norton is not especially good at protection. Can you get Spybot Search and Destroy and run it? The current version is 1.60, and will need an internet connection to download the latest updates at installation.

If you can also get AVG Free antivirus, I would run it and get rid of Norton. Another freeware cleanup utility that is good to have installed is AD-Aware.

haran

Joined Apr 6, 2008
i tried doin the disk check usin comman prompt but wen windows starts it show that the disk check has been aborted coz the file type in the hard disk is raw