Help needed with a project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Vaseem, May 31, 2012.

1. Vaseem

Thread Starter New Member

May 31, 2012
    Hi to all the members and admin.
    Am a newbie to electronics and such stuff,
    I was wondering if anyone can help me with the following.
    Thanks in advance.

I have the following with me
    A 1/4 hp 220v motor
    A 12v car alternator
    A 12v car battery &
    An car inverter 800w

I was just thinking if there is any possibility of the following,
    Use a charged car battery and connect it to the inverter, which converts the 12v DC from the battery to 220v AC. The inverter which has two outlets, of which one is used to run the motor, which with the help of belt driven pulley, rotates the alternator, generating power to charge the same battery, which is connected to the inverter. The second outlet of the inverter is used to run household electronics like a desktop or music system, eliminating the need to be connected to a power supply from the grid.

( In short, generate electricity using alternator and use a part of the same generated electricity to power the motor, which in turn, runs the alternator, generating continuous electricity )

If this is possible, what additional things do I need, in addition to what I have already? And what circuit do I require to stop/start the motor/alternator in event of the battery being fully charged or need charging?

2. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    This is one of the basic methods of producing free energy, which is impossible according to the accepted laws of physics.

strantor and Vaseem like this.
  3. Vaseem

May 31, 2012
    But can it be tried as a feasibility project on a small scale ?

4. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    It has been tried many times. If you want to see some of the trials, go to youtube and search for "overunity." By the way, this topic is not acceptable here, so this thread will likely be closed very soon.

5. Vaseem

May 31, 2012
    With all due respect to tracecom, as I have mentioned earlier that am not from a technical field, I belong to the medical profession from India, where there are a lot of power problems, even in urban areas,leave alone rural areas, where there are frequent power cuts, as much as for 10 hours a day during summer, was just forced to think of alternate solutions for power generation to help the people in rural parts.
    My apologies if I have offended .

Thanks.

6. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    You haven't offended me in any way, nor, in my opinion have you offended anyone else. It's just a topic that the owners of this site have decided that they don't want to support. From a technical standpoint, the impossibility of it working is due to losses because of less than 100% efficiency of the setup you have envisioned. In other words, you can't get more energy out of a mechanism than is put into it.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
    Vaseem likes this.
  7. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Your machine is a variation of a perpetual motion machine which a large number of people have tried to build in various electrical and mechanical forms, without success, for a least a couple of centuries. If any of them worked they would solve all the worlds energy problems and the inventor would be worth a gazillion bucks. But so far no one has figured out how to break the law of Conservation of Energy (or there's no free lunch in physics). :rolleyes:

It seems someone on some electronic forum will come up with some variation of "driving a motor with a generator to drive the motor" about once a month.

8. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Common sense applies. If that were possible, everybody would be doing it. But they're not....