HELP needed, Hbridge design, and µC code for DC motor

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
howzit guys, im kinda new to design, and i got the following as a universtiy project.any help advice, suggestions etc would be extremely useful.
thanks in advance.
Here is the QuestionL==:

2) Characterisation of DC motor: Measure the no load characteristic of motor-tachometer set. Simulink model of motor and tachometer

3) H-bridge design: Design an H-bridge to supply the motor from a 12 V source. Test behaviour using Multisim and lay out a PC-board.

4) Micro-controller code: PWM, A/D, controller. You should use the A/D conversion time as the sampling rate of the PI controller.

You will implement a digital proportional and integral (PI) controller.
The motor will draw 1A in locked-rotor condition.

Well thats it.
i await all your guys great advice,
thanks again,
Electrical Engineering student,University of Kwazulu Natal, SA

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
o ya, i almost forgot the main part...

"Design, build and test a speed control system for a 12 V, 0.5 A dc motor using a second motor as a tachometer. "

iceman11`

Joined May 4, 2007
Please could you help me with the Plant Identifacion Techniques needed to implement a digital proportional and integral (PI) controller.

u(t) is the controller output (plant input)

e(t) is the controller input (error between the command and the measured plant output)

kp is the controller proportional gain selected by the designer.

Ti is the controller reset time selected by the designer.

In discrete time, with sampling rate, h, this may be implemented by the algorithm,

Some measures are required to ensure that the controller output ui+1 does not overflow or underflow.