Help needed for SMD part code: BK

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by korayesque, Apr 16, 2009.

1. korayesque

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Hi all,

This is my first post here and I am in need of help to identify a surface mount part. The part is a rectangular 3 leg package, approximately 2mmX1mm size, black and it has letters BK on it. This part sits on a digital camera pcb, and the single leg is connected to the battery (-) pole, which is rated 7.2V.

Could somebody help me to identify what part this is and if there is a digikey replacement? It doesn't have to be in the same packaging, I can fit others, too (I think).

I tried many smd code sites, but couldn't come up with a component name in that package size (2mmX1mm). Here is the photo of the actual blown component that I am asking (left top component):

[​IMG]
    Thanks,

Koray

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. korayesque

Apr 16, 2009
    Hi Bertus,

Thanks a lot for help. I suspected it to be BCX71K, too; however all references I found mentioned SOT23 packaging (~1.4mmX3mm). Faulty component is much smaller. I found this link from Philips NXP website: http://www.nxp.com/pip/BCX71K.html

Do you think BCX71K makes sense connected to the battery (-) pole? Sorry, I am not much knowledgeable in these things.

Thanks, again!

K.

4. RAH1379

Dec 13, 2005
    If you have no luck try taking a good picture of it and send it along with a description of the circuit to digi key and they may be able to identify it for you.

5. korayesque

Apr 16, 2009
    Digikey won't provide support unless you are contacting them regarding an existing digikey part number. At least that's what I understood from their help page...

Anybody has an idea about the packaging type of this component? It is not SOT23, not SOT 323, then what is it?

Thanks.

K.