Help needed for paper presentation...

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by yashowardhan, Sep 19, 2010.

1. yashowardhan

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Hello everyone,
    I am going to give a paper presentation on the topic- use of microwaves in advanced missile interception systems. For this purpose, I gotta know the technical info regarding the same. As a matter of fact, no any nation gives it online. So, can anybody tell me where will I get it in general format? Pls send me any link so that I can advance.
    Thank you.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Are these microwaves used as a data link? Or as detection or fire control radar?

3. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    The only use microwaves could have in missile interception is tracking the missile. Timing is extremely important. 1 microsecond is 1000's of feet of travel for a RF signal. The timing must be extremely accurate to get an accurate determination of location, direction and speed. If the radar signal is doppler determined for discrimination of speed in a head on direction vs across the field, then the RF oscillator will need to be accurate to 1 in several billion for its frequency AND must remain rock steady. Doppler shifts are very low frequency compared to the Gigahertz freq of the radar signal, and discrimination of such a low percentage of variation is the basis of doppler in radar. Without a VERY steady freq RF oscillator the speed determination is worthless.

There are lots of radar facts you can find on Google, try looking for WEATHER radar info.

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010