{Help Needed}Baler Counter

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Matthew Enderle, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Matthew Enderle

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Ok thanks for reading this. I am planning to make a automated control system for a gehl baler. I have an articulating dc 12v motor on the baler, and that is controlled by a TL494 PWM IC. The operator has a switch to activate the motor, a latching dpdt on-off-on (i believe) switch that reverses the polarity for the motor labeled Forward and Reverse. I plan on attaching my schematic i made to the Reverse pole in the switch.

[​IMG]
    My PCB as of right now.

Now i need to get a counter for how many bales are made. I want to have two buttons that need to be pressed at the same time in order for it to reset back to zero. I would like it to use a magnetic switch to trigger the count. I have 2 555 timers in my box of stuff if those will work. This will be always connected to a line of 12v dc (tractor battery). it has to be three 7-segment displays to show 000-999. It would would be great to have the hundred's and ten's place on the counter not light up till the have at least a value of 1. But that's not necessary.

Summary:
    Power: 12v DC OR 24v dc
    Input: Reed Switch, Reset
    Output: three 7-segment displays
    Objective: Reed switch completes circuit> sends pulse to decoder> Displays current count on displays>>Reset to zero<<>>Begin again

2. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    Once you post your schematic we maybe able to help you more.

3. Matthew Enderle

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 28, 2010
    ok well i don't have one. i need to have one made since i don't know how to accomplish this.

4. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Eagle has a schematic capture program.

5. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    You managed to draw a PCB quite well. Surely you can do the same for a schematic.

6. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    Your PCB looks like ExpressPCB. Just use their Schematic program. It's usually done the other way around...Schematic > PCB

Ken