Help: Need help on how to lower down current.

ampdeck

Joined Apr 14, 2009
Hi, I have an LCD LG monitor and its power by external supply with voltage 12v 3Aamp DC but my problem is that the external supply was lost. Im thinking about replacing it with computer's PSU with DC voltage of 12v 25Amp.

My question is how do I make this 25Aamp lower to 3Amp?

Is there a circuit on how to do this? please help me....

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
The "3 Amp" and "25 Amp" ratings are maximum values. A load, such as your monitor, will only draw as much current as it needs, even if the supply could source more. Above 3 or 25 Amps respectively, the Voltage will decrease below the 12V for which it is rated.

ampdeck

Joined Apr 14, 2009
The "3 Amp" and "25 Amp" ratings are maximum values. A load, such as your monitor, will only draw as much current as it needs, even if the supply could source more. Above 3 or 25 Amps respectively, the Voltage will decrease below the 12V for which it is rated.
Hi sorry if i dont get what you mean. So can I use my supply with (12v 25Amp) to power up my LCD monitor with 12v 3Amp directly? :D

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
As thingmaker3 said, the load will only use the current it needs. As long as the voltage is correct, using a supply that can output up to 1000 amps would still work just fine. Any supply that can supply 3 amps or above will work.

ampdeck

Joined Apr 14, 2009
As thingmaker3 said, the load will only use the current it needs. As long as the voltage is correct, using a supply that can output up to 1000 amps would still work just fine. Any supply that can supply 3 amps or above will work.
wow that is so cool =) thanks for clearing it out dude....