Help my on my LCD monitor

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
That phrase was made by you guys, why wouldn't you understand.
I learned what I know from stories and movies. :D

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
cristoph8r may not be from America.

christoph8r, you should edit your profile to include your location so we can help you find parts that are available to you in your town, state, country, etc.

In other countries, they use different names and model numbers for different parts.

Chritoph8r

Joined Jan 19, 2010
hehe :) yes I already repaired a monitor before :) but it was crt type not LCD. One think the smd component caps is very difficult to to identify the value. may be I make first a capacitance meter.

Yup I'm Filipino. electronics hobbyist I'm in-line on I.T not on electronics, for the present I know a little knowledge of troubleshooting tv, monitor, ref, etc., and I know also how to design a basic circuit, microcontroller programming (interfacing).

I created my account when I was visit to U.S. :) my Father is U.S Navy. I Half Filipino Half American (my mother is Filipino-Spanish my Father is American )

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
So are you willing to follow Riffa's lead and get this thing repaired? If so, you are going to need a camera that can take close pictures (Macro Mode). Also, non flash. Flash pictures burn out the details in close pictures. Outdoor, overcast or not too sunny days, with the flash off. A few angles for complete coverage and watch for shadows.

Chritoph8r

Joined Jan 19, 2010
I already found the faulty component, brown smd type capacitor. the problem is, I don't know how to identify the value. I thinking of capacitance meter. does somebody here give me a diagram of digital capacitance meter with mikroC code. thanks