help me with my Quadcopter project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by hoasov, Mar 11, 2016.

1. hoasov

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Hey everyone , my name is daniel im practical electronic engineer and 21 years old .

my Knowlage is : C , VHDL , ASSEMBLY , project that i did before (smartmirror) ....

i will learn every thing that i need to do it and you will tell me .

i want to do some Quadcopter project and i look for some forum that can help me and i found that forum ;)

ok then lets start:
    projectver0.1.jpg
    i did some picture of the idea , as you can see i want controller with screen (there is what inside the screen look like) and i want quadcopter .

so what i need from you guys is HELP

i dont have any experience with project like that .

ok then i have some few questions and helps that i need :

1. in which language i need to do the all project (c , vhdl....... ) if i need to learn some new languageill do it.

2.i need Full list of what i need to buy to do that project.

3.which board i need to the controller and to the quadcopter? ( i have allredy RPI 2 model B its can help i think).

4.i want that the quadcopter will be small as i can ( no tiny but no bigggggger as you know ;) ).

5. i want that the quadcopter will be stable on the air and easy to shift.

ill add more questions and things that i need SOON .

I realy dont know how to start all this Please help me ( sorry about my poor english )

Mod edit: Image now hosted on AAC w/reduced file size

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2016
  2. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    What similar projects have you built before? If the answer is none, and it would appear to be, then you have zero chance of completing a project of the complexity you propose.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. Sensacell

Jun 19, 2012
    This project would be extremely challenging for me- and I have 300 years of electronics engineering experience.

Start with something simpler.

4. hoasov

Mar 11, 2016
    i build a Smartmirror before , it was fun but i want to make something more extremely , ofcourse the Project start with simple Quadcopter and ill improve and upgrade it like i want ( as you can see in the picture)
    but i want to start with somthing... (like start with the Controller with the screen and quadcopter that stream the camera view to the screen)

5. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    What makes you think a quadcopter is simple? Are you familiar with PWM control of BLDC motors, multi-axis accelerometers, GPS signals, wireless links, MCU programming etc?

6. Externet

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 29, 2005
    What is your budget to obtain ALL the parts, circuits, motors, software, enclosures, and more... ? What is your patience to look for the proper parts, pick them, order them in quantity 1 , wait for them, assemble properly ?

Say it is $70 ¿?

Buy one for that price, new, tested, assembled, with everything needed including remote control and rechargeable batteries.

Now dismantle it to pieces. Now you have ALL the proper tested parts to put together your project. Enjoy and learn while reassembling.

-----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMA-X5SW-W...467261?hash=item1c5e2378bd:g:pdIAAOSwjVVVkQ4F

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  7. hoasov

Mar 11, 2016
    yes i dont have any experiance with all that but i want to learn and try ... You cant help me ?

8. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    How about you start the project by designing and building a "simple quadcopter" and once you have completed that, come back and ask for help with the simple GPS guidance system and the simple GPS App and the simple video streaming and the simple telemetry and the simple........ Its amazing how everything becomes simple when you break it down:).

9. hoasov

Mar 11, 2016
    yes thats what i want to do...
    start with some simple (basic) and upgrade it all the time and the final will be like i want in the Picture

10. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    Great, I'm looking forward to seeing the simple quadcopter.

11. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    A good place to start might be to work out some of the math involved. To start, just assume you can get attitude and rate signals from the MEMS gyros and control the thrust of the motors then work out on paper the formulas needed to achieve simple, stable flight i.e. rise, hover, descend, land. Don't worry about the fancy screens, data links etc. That won't be trivial but if you can do it, the rest of the hardware will follow but if it won't work on paper, it won't work in the air.

Have fun.

blocco a spirale likes this.
  12. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Yes, we can help: but you've got a steep learning curve ahead of you. To start with I suggest you read up about the things I mentioned in post #5 and John mentioned in post #11, then come back with questions about individual parts you're still struggling with.

13. bertz

Nov 11, 2013
    You can start by building and learning to fly (without crashing) a simple quadcopter. As you progress you will learn the physics of quad-copter flight, how to calculate thrust, sizing batteries, selecting the proper Electronic Speed Controller and many, many more things you will need to know. Here is all you need to know in order to get started.

http://quadcoptergarage.com/quadcopter-parts-list-what-you-need-to-build-a-diy-quadcopter/

14. hoasov

Mar 11, 2016
    there is boards that make it abit easyer to build the quadcopter like : OpenPilot CC3D Board, Multiwii, ArduPilot Mega 2.5

15. hoasov

Mar 11, 2016
  16. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    If you intend to assemble ready made parts, then a quadcopter enthusiasts forum (I'm sure they exist) would be a better place to ask for advice.