help me urgent! Mic noise removal

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by indumathi, Aug 4, 2015.

1. indumathi

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Hello all . I am Facing a problem with MIC circuit. Ia using SIM908 GSM/GPS module for making call.the Electret MIC is connected to SIM908 modle through a preamplifier i.e.MAX4063. THe problem is im getting lot of noise in the call . when the moise reduces even the quality of the voice signal also reduces . please help me out in getting rid of this noise. the preamplifier and MIC is connected together in one board and sim908 module is in differnt board. pls help me to get ridof this noise.

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Is it hum? Or just white noise? You need to pay particular attention to how the various equipment is plugged into the wall, if possible is a common outlet.

3. indumathi

Aug 4, 2015
    hi wendy,
    its a some background noise . grrrrrrrgrrrrrggrgrgrgrgr like that. in my working room, RFID recever and few GSM antennas are kept . would that create any kinda interference to it?

can you tell how to get rid of the noise . as soon as i pick the call its starts grgrgrgrrrrrrrrggg like that. Do i have to change any input /ouput capacitor of pre amplifier?

4. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    it is rf feedback getting into the mic circuit. a few ferite beads and some bypassing should clear it up.

5. indumathi

Aug 4, 2015
    ok thank you very much . where excatly i should connect the capacitor or ferritr bead . i have attached the circuit as well.please help me .

6. indumathi

Aug 4, 2015

please go through the circuit and revert me soon . please

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The microphone would be a good start.

8. AnalogKid

Distinguished Member

Aug 1, 2013
    The device pinout in your schematic is significantly different from the datasheet. For example, the outputs are on pins 4 and 8, not 2 and 7. I'm surprised there is any output at all.

ak

9. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    a ferite bead on each mic wire, and one on each output lead, as well as on the +5v lead. the preamp is piicking up the digital out put of nearby cell phones.

indumathi likes this.
  10. indumathi

Aug 4, 2015
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The MIC is connected to Pre-amplifier input and the output is connected to SIM908 Module MICP,MICN . is it not correct?

11. indumathi

Aug 4, 2015
    Hi thanks for your reply,
    what value of ferrite bead? can you brief me , low value will suppress high frequency?or how it is ? The ferrite bead should be connected to ground ?