Help me repair a motherboard with short circuit

rui771

Joined Jul 12, 2015
no but for 100€ i can get a used one from ebay, or buy a new 1 with 3 years waranty for 280€ from accer...

but i prefer to bu a new desktop for 500€ then waste more 100€ on a mobo because the pc has 5 years and the proccessor(2.3 ghz) reachs 85º if i use trubo boost from intel (2.9ghs).

rui771

Joined Jul 12, 2015
he used a heat gun and in the end a compressor to reduce temperature after 30m i tested and didnt work.
Like i said before the CPU overheats(85º) quickly when i use heavy programs (specialy if i enable truboboost intel) , and that reduces the life of cpu.

"Get a desktop.Why would you buy a new mbo for a brand new desktop?"

what??

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
but i prefer to bu a new desktop for 500€ then waste more 100€ on a mobo because the pc has 5 years and the proccessor(2.3 ghz) reachs 85º if i use trubo boost from intel (2.9ghs).
Desktop is a device which isn't compact enough to be carried around and doesn't have built in battery.Please use proper terminology because it can cause confusion if its not right.Basically buy a new laptop since this one probably cant be repaired especially via the internet.

rui771

Joined Jul 12, 2015
Desktop is a device which isn't compact enough to be carried around and doesn't have built in battery.Please use proper terminology because it can cause confusion if its not right.Basically buy a new laptop since this one probably cant be repaired especially via the internet.
i know that, but i have other laptop with 7years old and it is enought for what i need surfing excel,word... next investement will be a desktop for heavy programs.
You should let the chipset cool down naturally.
Force cooling is not good.
if i repeat the process , can it destry the chip?