Help Me on "8 Channel PWM LED Chaser" Project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by tanbirul, Apr 13, 2014.

1. tanbirul

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Please Help Me to find out the problem of my project.

Which I should tell you first is, “ I am a newbie in PIC micro controller project”

Here is the simple LED project I followed but didn’t get any result. Nothing happen to the Led. I'm sure there's no problem with the power , I think there's a problem with PIC16F628A, Is there any problem with problem or my burning tools.

Project link: http://picprojects.org.uk/projects/ledchaserpwm/

[​IMG]
    My Device PIC16F628A , and I have a Topwin 2009 and using it’s own burning software I burn the Hex file to my device.

My Burning tools

[​IMG]

Burning Software Screenshot

[​IMG] It’s a very simple project, but I just really stuck on my way to success, please please and please help me to complete my first project on PIC.

Hex file added on attachment

*** I know you need more info about my project, i don't know which information will help you understand my problem . So please If you need any further information just feel free to give a reply or mailme

2. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    There is no external oscillator or xtal connected.

For the PIC to run, it must use the internal RC osc. That needs to be specified in the CONFIG data.

Usually the config data is included in the HEX file, but some programmers can override the oscillator CONFIG so you need to make sure by clicking the CONFIG tab on your software and checking the oscillator settings.
    :)

tanbirul likes this.
  3. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    The default Pin assignments are inputs. You have to set them to output pins (that can be switched to high or low outputs).

This is a common mistake.

tanbirul likes this.
  4. geko

Sep 18, 2008
    That HEX was generated by MPLAB 8.20 and programs correctly into a 16F628A using a PICkit2/3 programmer.

The config word should be 0x2174

The source ASM config word is _CP_OFF & _WDT_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT & _LVP_OFF

tanbirul likes this.
  5. tanbirul

Apr 13, 2014

Thanks to both of you , My config screenshot ............

[​IMG]

6. tanbirul

Apr 13, 2014

Now It's Working, You are my First GURU.... :)

[​IMG]

7. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Congrats! :)