help me! my simulation doesn't work.

paulopca

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Hy everyone!

I am trying to simulate the circuit atached in the Multisim 11 but it doesn't work. Please, someone could help me to make this simulation works.

Someone could explain me, in details, how this circuit works?

The orignal output transistors are 2SC5200 and 2SA1943. I simulate with MJ15001 and Mj15002 because Multisim 11 doesn't have models for 2SC5200 and 2SA1943.

Someone could explain me how to evaluate THD, Distortion and others analysis for this amplifier in the Multisim 11? I would like to evalate if it is a good amplifier.

If someone has the Multisim models for the 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 could send them to me?

I would like to excuse me because I don't have a good english, I speak brazilian portuguese.

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Only a few school kids use Multisim.
Multisim doesn't know any Japanese transistors.

Why don't you build the amplifier and test it instead of simulating it?

paulopca

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Hello, R!f@@ and Audioguru

I appreciate your answers to my question.

My name is Paulo, I live in Brazil and I work for a small company named Mackintec (http://www.mackintec.com.br).

This circuit is the power amplifier of this speaker cabinet http://www.mackintec.com.br/boxer.htm., than I know that it work, but when I try to simulate it don't work. This circuit and others don't work when I try to simulate.

The preamplifiers work in the simulation but some power amplifiers don't work. I don't know why.

I use the Multisim 11 for simulation.

Audioguru, what program do you recommend for simalation?

I am working with audio for a short time an I belive that I will learn a lot from the information in this forum.

I'll be very grateful to anyone who can help me.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I think Multisim is old fashioned and stupid for school kids. Most engineers today use the free SIM program from Linear Technology Corp called LT Spice IV. Yahoo has a users group with thousands of models.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I also like the price.
Yesterday my entire family and inlaws went to a local car dealer and ate a banquet lunch for absolutely no cost to us. BURP!
No salesman came to bother us to sweeten the deal so we didn't buy a car there. We also went there last year for a banquet lunch for free. (I am a cheapo).
We doo dat every couple of weeks at many local car dealers in summer. BURP!

We belong to two consumer product evaluation agencies. They have us taste future or new foods and give our opinion about them. Yesterday I tasted pickles for 10 minutes and got paid $25.00. Sometimes they give us a box of food to take home and fill out the questionaire then we get paid. Sometimes my son or I tastes a new beer and one of us is the sober dedicated driver and one of us gets drunk and we both get paid $25.00. Extra BURPs!

Sometimes the new food is full of currie. (There are 55 trillion new Indian immigrants in Canada each week).
I wonder why they don't have us taste Greek, Chinese, Thai or Mexican food??

I've never heard of a car dealer supplying a banquet lunch or one that doesn't send a salesman over to bother you!!

Sounds like the consumer product evaluation agency is worth looking into. How many pickles did you have to eat in 10 minutes? That could make or break a guy! :)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
There is an auto sales group of places every few miles near my home. They frequently have summertime barbeques each weekend. BURP!
One time I won a credit card for $25.00 worth of gasoline. I got one and my wife and daughter got one. Plus the free banquet.
We ate their free hamburgers 3 years in a row. Then we go across the street and get free hot dogs and sausages from other car dealers. Another car dealer had deli sandwiches. My family takes advantage of them for lunch. BURP!

The car I am driving now was purchased at a car dealer's barbeque. I was the salesman's very first and only sale so his manager gave me a very good deal.

Two samples of pickles were horrible and one was excellent. The good one costs a little more than the horrible ones but it is worth it.

I'm just here scratching my head and trying to figure out how this discussion veered from circuit simulation to pickle eating records set at a car dealership.

Perhaps now would be a good time for me to regale y'all with a few memories from my last road trip to Vegas, as part of a convoy of Elvis impersonators. Then again, maybe not.

rapidcoder

Joined Jan 16, 2011
I think Multisim is old fashioned and stupid for school kids. Most engineers today use the free SIM program from Linear Technology Corp called LT Spice IV. Yahoo has a users group with thousands of models.
However, don't touch LT Spice if you don't want to fight with convergence problems. LTSpice has probably the worst simulation engine and the crappiest GUI ever. They use it because it is the only free program without limits on the library / circuit size.

However, don't touch LT Spice if you don't want to fight with convergence problems. LTSpice has probably the worst simulation engine and the crappiest GUI ever. They use it because it is the only free program without limits on the library / circuit size.
Would it be right to say that TINA circuit simulation is at least one of the gold standards among paid versions of such programs ? If not may I ask which two others are regarded by users as the best, or most popular circuit sim payware packages available ?

Several of the payware circuit simulation packages I found on the net offer versions of increasing complexity and price ranging from bargain basement to professional level, so I guess I would be asking hobby level products with pricing affordable to mere mortals. Thanks for any thoughts you can offer that could narrow down the selection some.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I bet u never learned to use it.
Computers were not invented yet when I went to school.
In my entire career I never simulated a circuit. I simply designed circuits using data from datasheets for the parts and every circuit worked perfectly.

Today I use circuit simulations in forums to show school kids how a circuit works.
I don't pay for a SIM program, instead I use a free one.

I have used both Multisim and LTSpice and find no reason for me to put money towards Multisim. After a few years away from using Spice, I was able to get my circuit simulated much faster in LTSpice. It is nice that it doesn't have all of the complexity in the gui as Multisim.

When I started with Spice, there was no gui. You had to type in the circuit into a text file and run it on a unix machine. With that in mind LTSpice is much more intuitive for me. And, like we said before, you cannot beat the price. I don't have access to Multisim outside work, so it also becomes more difficult to help out while at home, $$.

As for the talk of cars and pickles, I've rather enjoyed the diversion.

I have used both Multisim and LTSpice and find no reason for me to put money towards Multisim. After a few years away from using Spice, I was able to get my circuit simulated much faster in LTSpice. It is nice that it doesn't have all of the complexity in the gui as Multisim.

When I started with Spice, there was no gui. You had to type in the circuit into a text file and run it on a unix machine. With that in mind LTSpice is much more intuitive for me. And, like we said before, you cannot beat the price. I don't have access to Multisim outside work, so it also becomes more difficult to help out while at home, $$.

As for the talk of cars and pickles, I've rather enjoyed the diversion.
Have you used the hp33120A function generator on multisim? I want input HIGH Z into it. The guidebook says go to SYS MENU then scroll down and you will see it. However, All I see is 1: COMMA