help me find the right cylinder fuse please

Dikaiosune01

Joined May 1, 2011
I'm looking for a cylinder fuse. However there are a number of anomolies I've found that I am concerned about.

Premise:
I have an electronic from the US, (45A Beseler Enlarger head), that I will use for photography. I've blown the fuse in my excitement, and neglected to use a transformer to change the voltage. Hopefully, the device is not permanently damaged; but the fuse definitely looks blown.

Description:
the orginal fuse dimenions is 6x32mm 250v10A.
THe fuse amp description on the back of the enlarger head is 10A.
I'm using a transformer that converts 240V to 110V.
I will use this device in Hong Kong.

Problems for clarification:
I found a fuse locally in Hong Kong, however there are a number of concerns that I wish to be clarified.
- replacement fuse dimensions 6x30mm 250v10A.
- Is there a difference between glass can cermanic? (both are made of glass)
- Do I need to find a fuse that is fast-acting? or Slow-blow? (This one really confused me because I have no way of discerning which is which).
- Is there a difference in fuses in Hong Kong and the US? (If this is relevant, i should mail order one from the US before attempting to connect my enlarger head again)

I appreciate your help.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
do not use a slow or time delay fuse, all other variations will not have an effect, assuming the shorter length provides sufficient seating in the holder.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Sounds like a standard 3AG or AGC fuse to me.

Remember that the fuse value will be twice the amperage when run off of 120V instead of 240V

No big difference between ceramic or glass fuses. Ceramic fuses are more durable and often filled with sand. I'd stick to simple glass fuses, proper amperage fast blow. The info should be marked inside &/or in the manual, if you don't have it look online or drop the company a line.