Help me find a netlist to schematic tool~

shaohua199

Joined Dec 5, 2010
Hi,

I want a tool, import netlist file and generate schematic capture.

And also it is opensource, caus I want to learn something from the code and do some research.

Thanks in advance.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
He has a net list. He wants to convert the netlist to a schematic.
You can't do that. It's like turning a sausage back into a pig.

You can redraw it from the netlist, but the netlist is a more compact store of connections, and it requires imagination/creativity to work.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
In a netlist you will find no information about placement. So a schematic created this way will be a mess. The process will be very similar to the process going from schematic to PCB. You will have all the correct connections, but the PCB components is just piled up in big pile. A human touch is needed to place the components correctly on the PCB

shaohua199

Joined Dec 5, 2010
In a netlist you will find no information about placement. So a schematic created this way will be a mess. The process will be very similar to the process going from schematic to PCB. You will have all the correct connections, but the PCB components is just piled up in big pile. A human touch is needed to place the components correctly on the PCB
So I think there must be some layout algorithm to do this work.
And I want an open-source one to do research.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Take a look at gEDA

It may not do what you are looking for, exactly, but it is a starting point.

It is an open source Electronics Design Automation (EDA) suite. If you want to help improve it, go ahead.

I've done quite a lot of work with linux, and I've found the people wanting free stuff with all the features of a several thousand dollar program never want to help with the project, not even the graphics. :(