HELP ME CREATE THIS PLEASE

koppa

Joined Mar 15, 2009
i am suppose to develop a program for an auto dealership. This program will keep track of the auto inventory using an array of objects. The dealer has a limit of 100 cars in inventory at one time due to space restrictions. The class used to instantiate the auto objects must contain at a minimum the following information:
· Dealer inventory number (starting at 1000)
· Auto VIN
· Make
· Model
· Exterior
Interior color
· Transmission type
· Engine size in cubic inches
· Wholesale price
· Retail price
You program must present the user with a menu allowing the entry of new automobiles as they are received and remove the automobiles as they are sold. You must provide methods to search the array for cars of a particular make or model or dealer inventory number. These methods must overload the == operator

When a match is found all attributes of the car will be displayed. If a match is not found the appropriate message should be displayed.
You must provide a method to display the total number of cars in inventory.
You should provide private helper methods to check for the correct entry of numbers for the wholesale and retail prices.

i need help with it. i don't even know where to start so help me please.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
This sounds like a homework problem.

What programming language are you instructed to use? What materials have you to use as aids?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I have moved this to the Homework section. We will help you with specific problems, but we require you to do the work. This is your assignment, after all.

One way to start a problem like this is to read the programming manual section on creating and working with arrays. That will give you some idea about entering and retrieving the data.

You will also need to set up screens to enter the inventory parts, and to query the program about the parts in the array. One good way to start a program is with a flow chart. That is a graphic representation of the way the program is supposed to function, with all the inputs, outputs, and decision points indicated.