Help Loosewire Get His Gear Together For Snake Hunt

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by loosewire, Jan 16, 2013.

1. loosewire

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I need army surplus ideas ,good proven snake boots,how would you

dress me,with what brands...name some good sport stores. Some of my

stuff has not been used for a while...been on the water gig.I wonder if

thick rubber boots will do,next time out..which may be today. I have some

camy stuff, a jacket,the hat is worn...sorta making a list as I go. Cool

the skeeters won't be to bad...thinking...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    Founded LaCross brand.. black steel toed rubber boots, now I have get the spiders

out, no brown recluses please...Remember what happen to Retched..bad spider.

I hope the camy cloth is not rotten ,that next. White socks so I can see the blood

first,then look for the bite. On snake bite kit, no good you need E.M.S. for these bad

guys,like the rattle snake. A G.P.S. device .........back to the spiders in the boots..more

3. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    A good camera,need to get some pictures. Deer hunters any heat cameras available for dark.

How much is a good cheap night light,will have to test the distants I get on my camcorder.

Thinking out loud making my list, can't forget that spider...can't wear wet boots. O'h use my

foot for Boa bait.They make cameras that will pick up an insect moving,too many insects in the

brush, won't work....thinking......more

4. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Please don't do that!:eek:

5. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Just goto Timberland and get some knee high snake proof boots. If your gonna go into the water past knees look for Snakeproof waders at Bill Jacksons, Bass Pro Shops, Cabella's, etc...and a .380 or 9mm short or may be even a 4-10 if your not a gun guy. If your looking for something all purpose check out the Governor or Judge by Taurus in Miami. It fires .45ACP .45 and 4-10 in one pistol.

6. loosewire

Apr 25, 2008
    My Sony ( nite shot ) works good up to 20 feet or more.

7. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Oh no please do not go out hunting like some military wannabe. Like all those people that do this kind of dressing. You will only look ridiculous

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    This isn't normal hunting. Road signs where he's going read "IF YOUR CAR BREAKS DOWN DO NOT ATTEPT TO GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE! STAY INSIDE AND WAIT FOR HELP!" So he's not exactly going after bambi. And having been chased back to my car on Alligator Alley numerous times I can telll you those signs are no joke!

In fact heres a creepy tail. Last time I was coming from Lil Cuba I was coming back about 40 min into alligator alley and the road is desolate. No one anywhere. In the middle of the road is a ford explorer on its side with all the windows broken out and no one anywhere! No cops, no ambulances, no fire trucks nothing. We stopped checked the car that was litterally in middle of the road on its side. No one was anywhere near it. We called it in and kept going hoping to find someone walking the road but never saw anyone.

jaygatsby likes this.
  9. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Snake count is at 41. Ends Feb 12th.

10. jaygatsby

Nov 23, 2011
    Awesome story maxpower. What's the problem? Just gators? I lived in Florida for a few years but never spent any time in the swamp :(