[HELP]Logic Gates Application

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You start by building a truth table.
In the first column, write down all the possible numbers, i.e. 1 to 6.
In the next seven columns on the right, i.e. columns for each LED "a" to "g", write a "1" if the LED is to be turned on.

francesmardc

Joined Mar 6, 2014
You start by building a truth table.
In the first column, write down all the possible numbers, i.e. 1 to 6.
In the next seven columns on the right, i.e. columns for each LED "a" to "g", write a "1" if the LED is to be turned on.
in your opinion what gates should i use for this? anything you can start on? i just need an idea..

thanks for moving this thread.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This is not a matter of opinion.
Draw the truth table first and then show your results. The type of gate will be dictated by the outcome of the truth table.

francesmardc

Joined Mar 6, 2014
This is not a matter of opinion.
Draw the truth table first and then show your results. The type of gate will be dictated by the outcome of the truth table.
so this is my result

the outputs sort of a pattern?

i just dont get it what you mean by "dictated by the outcome of truth table" that you just said. im asking for an idea or a diagram combination so i can start please?

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Remember, we are not going to do your homework for you. You have to make some effort on your own.

Now look at each LED, one at a time.
For example, under what conditions will LED "a" be turned on?

francesmardc

Joined Mar 6, 2014
Remember, we are not going to do your homework for you. You have to make some effort on your own.

Now look at each LED, one at a time.
For example, under what conditions will LED "a" be turned on?
im making an effort for over a week now :( as i said a while ago this is not my thing i have only a subject and requires as to do a project.

francesmardc

Joined Mar 6, 2014
or this?
x y z a b c d
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
2 0 1 0 0 1 0 0
3 1 1 0 1 1 0 0
4 0 0 1 0 1 1 0
5 1 0 1 1 1 1 0
6 0 1 1 0 1 1 1
7 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

way too simple i guess? i jsut need a start for the logic gates diagram. pretty please? :(