help locating parts on the board

markosillypig

Joined Jul 21, 2008
hi all
i have got a scamatic of a board i'm making and am having problems finding out where the parts go on the board i know its simple but i dont want to get it wrong again so can you cleaver men help me
picks included for help
thanks all

marko

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
part 1:C4 (100nF cap)
part 2:D1 (Zener diode, 5.6V)
part 3:C1 (10uF cap)
part 4:R1 (100 OHMS)
part 5:C3 (100nF cap)
part 6:C2 (100pF cap)
part 7:R2 (1k Ohms)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
The 3-pin servo connector is wired wrong! On all RC servos the centre pin is power, signal and ground are the outside 2 pins.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
You make a good point, but it could be an older design. Volz and Airtronics (older) servos had ground as the center wire.

It is definitely something marksosillypig should confirm, as reversing ground and +V on those servos is usually instant death to the servo.

John

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Thanks John (and sorry to the OP) I have only seen servos where the centre pin is power, Hitech, Futaba some other Asian brands.

Do they still sell centre-ground servos?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I don't know whether Airtronics or Volz still sell the center-ground servos. I suspect Airtronics doesn't and have heard that Volz is out of the model business. Nevertheless, both brands were good servos. In fact, I still have three sailplanes (6 servo types) That had Volz in the wings. It was the first really thin wing servo and is still relatively common among committed sailplane flyers.

Probably the greatest risk would be to someone who picked up some of the older, black, center-ground Airtronics/Sanyo servos.

John