Help intergratig LCD screen to car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom_Fang

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Ho guys.

Firstly I want to say I have nearly no real knowledge of microelectronics so this is my way of gaining some more and also completing a project.

I recently installed a reverse camera on my car. I have a Pro line DVDP271W 7inch screen attached via 1x yellow RCA cable which was working fine until a week ago when the screen started flicking on and of lf randomly. I've cracked it open to find the processor on the mobo to have warped and the pin as are erroded. Its scrap now in a way. My idea is that I can bypass the processor completely as I only need power to go to the screen and backlight and also to connect the visuals from the camera. The screen runs on ribbon cable and the backlight on a 2pin so the backlight is easy. The screen is 12v as is my power supply and car so no issue there. I basically want to solder the wiring direct to the board and mount the LCD as a flip down for when I need it. Can anyone help me decided the points on the board and tell me where to attach the cables. I have pos and neg power and also the 2 from the now stripped RCA cable

Thanks

P.s. I cannot upload images until I get to a computer so here is a list of points on the board that seem to correspond with the ribbon cable:

GND
GND2
VR
VREF
VG
VB
VDD_LCD
VEE_LCD
CLK1
STH1
STH2
R/L