HELP!!! Infrared Burglar Cuircuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dknovo, Sep 8, 2014.

1. dknovo

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Hi all, I'm a student and now I am designing the Infrared Burglar Circuit Project, I had designed the Receiver circuit already. My problem is the loud speaker emits its sound constantly, my Transmit circuit is the Remote Television - I made it transmit a continuous light which exposes to the Receiver LED directly. Now, I need to help about controlling the sound emitted from the sound. It means that when there is a infrared light transmitted from the Remote TV, the Speaker will be off, and if there is no that light, the Speaker will be on. My circuit is attached below. Thanks all, my email is <removed email to protect you from spambots>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  2. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
    hi,
    A regular TV remote will transmit pulses, the 555 is configured as a Monostable, so it output will be High while receiving pulses, which will power the UM66 melody make

Is your required design for a Beam break detection circuit.?

E

3. dknovo

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Hi ericgibbs, It's nice to make friend with you.
    I also make the TRANSMIT circuit -(I attack the photo below)-. However when I interrupt the infrared light, no phenomenon occurs. The loud speaker continues emitting sound. Can you help me design the circuit or what I need to replace in my circuit. It means when I interrupt the light, the Speaker will emit sound and vice-versa. Thanks you so much.

4. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Wire the NE555 as a Bistable (Schmitt trigger)?

5. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Are you sure your IR transmitter is actually transmitting? A TV remote is not designed for continuous use so may overheat its LED if used that way.

6. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Some buttons like the volume control can be continuous on some handsets - most buttons only send a burst of a few multiples of the code sequence.