HELP in wiring :)

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by bananasticks, Mar 25, 2013.

1. bananasticks

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Hellooo :) I'm kinda pretty noobish in wiring and just understood all this regulator and stuff.

Anw i'm currently working on a projector, I'm following a schematics for the wiring similar to http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Multimedia-LED-Projector/step8/Schematic/

However my problem is that I have already bought a constant current LED driver to drive my LED. The input voltage is 90-264V, output is 20-36V. I have to wire together a 12V fan and a 12V LCD.

I'm thinking how I should go about doing this. I do understand that I need to regulate down my voltage to 12V, however do I connect my regulator parallel to my constant current driver or any advice on how I could connect them?

(And I'm kind of wondering how to connect my fan and LCD too. I used a wall charger on my LCD that was 12V 500mA and it worked, but a 12V 150mA charger didn't work. The fan is 12V 0.2A.. what are the calculations to be done to ensure the circuit doesn't blow?)

THANKS so so so much, anyone's help in answering is greatly appreciated! I look forward to hearing someone's reply! :)

Cheers,
    Bananasticks

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    You should use a separate 12V supply (constant voltage) capable of the total current of your fan and LCD plus some margin for safety factor.. I usually add up the currents and then multiply by 125% or more for safety factor.

Its FAR easier to simple use the LED driver for the LED's and another supply for the other stuff.

3. bananasticks

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Heyy haha! Ohh i was hoping if there was a way to connect them all together! Would it be advisable to use a variable regulator instead like the LM350?

If not I will prolly follow your plan then! :) Thanks for the help greatly appreciate it! :D

Cheers!
    Jolene