Help in circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by krishnan_hari83, Jul 17, 2012.

1. krishnan_hari83

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Dear Friends,

I have designed an LED board. The LED PCB should be connected to the cable to get the external power supply.

One way to connect the PCB to the cable is to strip the cable and solder the cable to PCB.

Is there any other way of connecting the PCB to the cable without soldering?

Best Regards,
    H.Krishnan.

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You could always get specialty clips.

Something like this perhaps.

[​IMG]

3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    lets see...only thousands and thousands of different "connectors" to choose from.
    some require crimped pins/sockets/housings, barrel jacks, some use screws to tighten on stripped wire, some use levers to tighten on stripped wire, some IDC, some wire wrap, etc...
    pick what you like..

4. zaman999

Jan 29, 2011
  5. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    crocodile clips and the clips Bill posted are typically for quick test/measurement applications and not final/permanent connectors.
    krishnan needs to define his requirements more for better answers. Like is this for initial in-house testing use only or is this how a customer might attach the power supply to the product in the field.

For in-house qc/testing many might make a fixture with pogo pins that you could simply press the board down onto and the pogo pins will make contact with the "through holes" intended for permanent wiring attached later by the end user. This allows quick testing before you ship it out.

zaman999 likes this.
  6. krishnan_hari83

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 11, 2012
    As Mr.mcgyvr told, I will try to use pogo pins. Yes I think this works great. Many thanks Mr.mcgyvr for giving me a good idea. As you rightly told, we need a permanent connection for this.

Krishnan.