HELP!! I'm stuck

Ryder

Joined May 1, 2014
Hi guys first of all I'm a novice in electronics, but from reading some stuff here on this site i know you guys knows ur stuff and believe u can help me. I bought a repeat timer which I intend to use to control a water pump. The problem I am having is I cannot understand how this timer can be programmed I cant even understand the instructions given to set this timer but I believe someone here knows. Can you plz help me..for example I want to set it to run for 8seconds and switch off for 25minutes how do I do go about it like how many times do I press to input 8seconds and then 25 minutes. Below is the timer and the instructions to set it. Thx in advance.

Programming the Timer

For the first 10 seconds after the circuit is connected to the power the yellow LED will be lit. During this time it is possible to re-programme the ON and OFF durations of the relay. Press the button once and the yellow LED will turn off. This confirms that you have entered programming mode.

For the ON and OFF durations you must enter first the timing units (hours, minutes, or seconds), and the two digit number of those units - e.g. 03 or 47 (from the range 01 to 99).

Programming entails entering six numbers in the following order:
1) ON duration time units: 0 = hours, 1 = minutes, 2 = seconds
2) ON tens: e.g for a 43 second ON time, this value would be 4 (since 4 x 10 = 40). For a 1-9 second duration this value is 0 - e.g. 01, 02, 03,...09
3) ON ones: e.g. for a 43 second ON time, this value would be 3
4) OFF duration time units: -as above-
5) OFF tens: -as above-
6) OFF ones: -as above-

To enter each value in turn, the technique is described below:
The red LED will light up for 2 seconds. If you want to enter a '0' then press the button while the red LED is on. When the red LED turns off, the green LED will start flashing - on for 1.5 seconds, then off for 0.5 seconds. If you want to enter a '1' then press the button while the green LED is lit for the first time. To enter a '2', wait until the green LED turns on for the second time and press the button. To enter a '3' press the button the third time the green LED lights up...and so on.

When you press the button the green LED (or red LED if you are entering a '0') will immediately turn off, and the yellow LED will light up and stay on for one second. This gives you visual confirmation that your input has been accepted and tells you to get ready to enter the next value. When the yellow LED turns off and the red LED lights up again repeat as above to enter the next value.

If you make a mistake while programming, just disconnect the circuit briefly from the power and start again. It is much easier to programme the timer if you prepare yourself beforehand by working out and writing down the six values in order so that you are ready to enter them.
For example, if you want a timer which will be ON for 7 seconds and then OFF for 23 minutes, the ON timer units are seconds ('2'), and the OFF timer units are minutes ('1'). Therefore you would need to enter the following sequence of values:
'2' (seconds - second green LED), '0' (no tens- red LED), '7' (7 ones - seventh green LED), '1' (minutes - first green LED), '2' (2 tens - second green LED), '3' (3 ones - third green LED). So, you would write down
2 red 7 1 2 3
before you programme the timer - note that 'red' is written rather than '0' so you remember to press the button when the red LED is on.
If you enter a number greater than 9 for the tens or ones, '9' will be saved. If you enter a number greater than 2 for the time units, '2' will be saved - i.e. your timer will be programmed in seconds.

When you have programmed all six values, the timer will immediately start with the ON cycle closing the relay with the green LED on. When the OFF cycle starts, the green LED will be off. As long as the timer remains connected to the power, it will continue to repeat the ON and OFF cycles with the programmed settings.

Attachments

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Do you have a schematic for that board? And can you read the printing on the IC? I can't quite get it from the photo.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Is there a reason you have not addressed your questions to the supplier? That website looks friendly enough.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Go thru it step by step. Does the device not behave as described?

0. Be prepared to enter the 6 values required. Write them down!
1. Connect power
2. In the first 10 seconds while the yellow LED is lit, press the button once and the yellow LED will turn off. This confirms that you have entered programming mode.
3. Wait for the red LED. (the instructions are not clear on this)
4. Enter the units you will use for ON duration time units: 0 = hours, 1 = minutes, 2 = seconds
5. ON tens: e.g for a 43 second ON time, this value would be 4 (since 4 x 10 = 40). For a 1-9 second duration this value is 0 - e.g. 01, 02, 03,...09
6. ON ones: e.g. for a 43 second ON time, this value would be 3
7. OFF duration time units: -as above-
8. OFF tens: -as above-
9. OFF ones: -as above-

To enter each value in turn, the technique is described below:
The red LED will light up for 2 seconds. If you want to enter a '0' then press the button while the red LED is on. When the red LED turns off, the green LED will start flashing - on for 1.5 seconds, then off for 0.5 seconds. If you want to enter a '1' then press the button while the green LED is lit for the first time. To enter a '2', wait until the green LED turns on for the second time and press the button. To enter a '3' press the button the third time the green LED lights up...and so on.

Ryder

Joined May 1, 2014
Thx wyneh...wat about this.....4. Enter the units you will use for ON duration time units: 0 = hours, 1 = minutes, 2 = seconds....how then do you enter 0=hours ?????