help,, im newbie and need master of ltspice

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by LzanBagus, Apr 16, 2015.

1. LzanBagus

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 16, 2015
    i have task to design butterworth band pass filter, but once i design it, it doesnt work.. i dont know what my fault.... i try to upload my design... please tell my fault and complete my design..
    sorry, i still improve my english example.png
    this is what i want to design example.png example.png example.png

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Doesn't work is not a very helpful description of what is going on. What precisely doesn't work? The circuit? The simulator? The Windows Operating system?

3. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    sorry, when i run it and there is a error box
    Unknow subcircuit called in:
    xu1 nc_001 n006 n004 n010 n002 opamp

4. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    The opamp you are using, a TL084 is not part of the standard LtSpice library. Have you loaded it in the library? Since you mentioned LTspice I suggest you watch this video.

Also read this thread in these forums.

Ron

5. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    thanks... but, can i change to other kind of opamp? im not smart on electronic....

6. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Smart enough to google simon bramble?

7. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    The TL084 is not automatically part of the LTSpice library, and would have to be imported. I suggest you use the generic opamp that is part of the default library as distributed. You are missing a lot of other bits to having a successful simulation session. I am uploading a running version of a simplistic simulation of an opamp circuit that you can use to get started:

sample.gif

Get mine running first, then you can modify it to reflect your circuit.

Sinus23 likes this.
  8. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    A Butterworth bandpass filter is not a good starting point for someone learning electronics. Yes, you can use other opamps but they need selected based on the application. Simon Bramble is, as mentioned above, an excellent reference on LTspice. There is no way what you need to know and understand can be covered in a single forum post.

I see Mike has provided you something to work with, that should help.

Ron

9. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    hey ron, please... if you are not busy, would you complete my design so i can run it? and then i can learn from it.... :)

10. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I don't find the reference designator 'xu1' in that ASC file you uploaded. This is looking for a subcircuit named 'opamp', which would need to be defined in a library file.

11. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    And perhaps if he has enough free time, he can turn it in to your instructor for you, as well.

12. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    how about you sir??

13. Sinus23

Sep 7, 2013
    Here is a functioning file but it's using a universal opamp so the results wont be exactly the same as if you were using TL084.

And here is a cat;)
    SH4xPbV.jpg

14. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Sure, I'd be happy to finish it up and e-mail it to your instructor for you.

15. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    thank you sir, my ltspice couldnt find symbol for universal opamp, but now i know more little bit about ltspice.. thank you...

sir, im not cheating :(

16. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Well, is this school work of any kind?

17. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    See, the projects forum is for completed projects. This looks more like a homework exercise than a completed project. We could be wrong however. Why don't you tell us why you are working on a project using a design from a book? Or is it a coursepak from IMECS2009?

18. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    hard to explain... but sir, believe me im not cheating

19. Sinus23

Sep 7, 2013
    You have TL084.asy but not universalopamp.asyo_O Is it not in you opamp folder because I'm 90% certain it came with the program.

Anyway here is the asy file.

20. LzanBagus

Apr 16, 2015
    my teacher ask us to find refferences of butterworth BPF, and she want to us to design what on refferences we have.. the problem is no one in my class know how to use my ltspice, and when we ask our teacher, she said you must learn it for yourself or internet.. sorry i hard to explain... im not good at english...