Help identifying SMD components

johnbinsc

Joined Jun 13, 2010
I need help identifying a couple of SMD components. I am trying to repair my USA SPEC PA11-HON iPod to Honda factory car stereo adapter box.

The first is a SMD transistor in a SOT-89 package with codes "HY" and either "628" or "725". The attached thumbnail shows the 725 but I believe they are interchangeable.

The second is a small 8-pin package, about 2.6mm x 1.6mm, with 4 pins on each long edge (sorry I don't know the code for this form factor) and the code "WG66". This component is part of an analog conditioning circuit and my guess is that it is either a resistor network or an amp, but I could be wrong here. Thumbnail is attached. Of course I do not have a schematic.

I have looked at several of the code deciphering sites listed in similar threads in this forum but so far no luck. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The 628 could be a PZM6.8NB2, Phillips, SOT346, 6.8v 0.3W Zener diode.

You might have to build a schematic to figure out what's supposed to be there.

johnbinsc

Joined Jun 13, 2010
Thanks, but the HY 628 is definitely an SOT-89 package with three pins at the bottom, and the center pin continuous with the tab at the top.

I desoldered the two HY 628 SOT-89 components (both are wired identically in parallel) and one is definitely toast with bidirectional mid hundreds-ish ohm resistance between all pins. But the other one shows about 3Mohm from +ve collector (pin2) to base pin 1, and inf resistance in all other combos. This is consistent with a PNP transistor I guess, although I would have expected forward conduction also from emitter to base.

Still looking for help identifying both of these!

TIA!

Last edited: